Donate to SDMC
The San Diego Math Circle is wholly dependent financially upon charitable contributions from individuals and corporate enties. At this time, this financial support comes through four channels:
- Parents of active SDMC students. This is by far the largest and most critical component of our support.
- Employee match programs. These are programs through which some companies match charitable contributions of their employees.
- Volunteerism grants. These are similar to matching programs, but provide small grants tied to employees' volunteer service to qualifying organizations.
- Direct corporate grants. At present direct, corporate support accounts for only a modest, but very important fraction of our budget. Expanding direct corporate support is growth priority.
SDMC's financial affairs are handled through the Art of Problem Solving Foundation, a not-for-profit organization as described in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Your contribution to SDMC is tax deductible and 100% of your contribution goes to work for SDMC since AoPSF does not assess overhead charges for its services.
How to donate by check:
- Make your check payable to the "Art of Problem Solving Foundation"; the word "Foundation" is important. Do not make your check payable to SDMC; such checks will have to be returned to you for replacement.
- PRINT "SDMC" in the memo field of your check, to assist with tracking your contribution.
- If you are a family member of an SDMC student, also PRINT your student's name in the memo field of your check, which will facilitate tracking.
- Deliver your check in person to the Director at SDMC, or mail your check to:
San Diego Math Circle
P. O. Box 500091
San Diego, CA 92150-0091
How to donate electronically:
If you prefer not to donate by check, you can donate on-line by clicking the following button which opens a donation tool for the Art of Problem Solving Foundation. Once the new page is opened, click on "Donate Now". Fill in your donation amount and answer the other questions. It is important that you enter "San Diego Math Circle" or "SDMC" in the field titled "Designation (Optional)"; without this explicit designation it is possible that your donation may be directed to a general fund, only a fraction of which benefits SDMC. A second field, titled "Dedication or Gift(Optional)" provides you a place to indicate your student's name, which may further facilitate tracking.